Dear FBBC family,
It has been quite a week for our state, nation, and world. Who would have thought that our world would be in such a crisis just a few weeks ago? Of course, the Lord knows and is in control, and we are looking to Him for wisdom and guidance through this entire time.
This week President Trump gave some guidelines for slowing the spread of the coronavirus, including a strong recommendation that non-family events be limited to ten or fewer people. Ohio governor Mike Dewine has ordered that mass gatherings be limited at this time to fifty or fewer, and he strongly recommends following the guidelines published by the White House.
It is our desire to continue to follow these guidelines in voluntary cooperation with our state and national government, and in a spirit of love for one another and our community, we are going to continue to temporarily suspend our meetings as a church.
Please note the following:
1. CANCELLATION OF ALL EVENTS: Falls Berean Bible Church has decided to cancel ALL church events for this Sunday, March 22, through Saturday, March 29.
This cancellation includes the following:
Sunday, March 22 – All Lord’s Day Services
Wednesday, March 25 – Kids4Truth & Prayer Meeting
Saturday, March 28 – Men’s Bible Fellowship
2. SERMON FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 22: I am preparing a sermon for our church for this coming Sunday, and we plan to send a link to it at www.sermonaudio.com. All of us need spiritual food through this time. Please be looking for an email on Saturday with instructions on how to access the message.
3. WEEKLY UPDATES ON THURSDAYS: In light of what seems to be ever-changing circumstances, we plan to evaluate the current situation each week in the weeks ahead and send a weekly email update on Thursday evening. This will keep you informed as to any new developments or changes to upcoming events.
4. GIVING: Some folks have asked about the giving of offerings and tithes. Please send your offering to the church’s address: 1736 Bailey Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221. It is certainly a challenging time, but I do want to encourage us all to be faithful in our giving to the Lord’s work through this time. Any giving will be counted by our deacons and helpers and deposited on a regular schedule.
5. COMMUNICATION: While all of our church’s public gatherings have been canceled for the week, the deacons and I are available to continue to care for our church family. As you have physical and spiritual needs, please stay in contact with us so that we can support and help you during this time.
6. PRAYER: As we are apart, please continue to pray for our church, our sister churches, our missionaries, Governor DeWine, our nation, those suffering from the flu or the coronavirus, the elderly, those with weaker immune systems, those who work in healthcare environments, and organizational leaders regularly assessing these changing situations and seeking to make wise decisions. One way to practically encourage a fellow believer is by calling them and praying together over the phone.
Let’s praise the Lord that He has given us His Word, which is always our comfort, but especially so in these difficult days. A pastor friend of mine recently shared with me the comforting words of Nahum 1:7: “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him” (NASB). It is wonderful to know that during this time we can be confident in the goodness of the Lord, in His protection, and in His intimate knowledge and care for us as we place our faith in Him.
Senior PastorFalls Berean Bible Church
1736 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221