Dear FBBC family,
Thank you to those who were able to join our online fellowship and prayer meetings this week. It was great to see many of our church family, and we anticipate trying this format again as needed. If you had trouble with the technology, please contact Angela McCormick at 234-738-9705.
This week we have several announcements regarding FBBC life.
1. CANCELLATION OF ALL EVENTS: Falls Berean Bible Church has decided to cancel ALL church events for this Sunday, April 5, through Saturday, April 11. This cancellation includes the following:
- Sunday, April 5 – All Lord’s Day Services
- Wednesday, April 8 – Kids4Truth & Prayer Meeting
- Friday, April 10 – Passion Service Saturday
- April 11 – Men’s Prayer Meeting
2. LAWN-CARE VOLUNTEERS:
If you are able and willing to help with mowing the church lawn this year, please contact Chad McCormick (email@example.com
3. SERMON FOR PALM SUNDAY, APRIL 5:
This week, Jon McLean and I are each preparing a sermon for our church to watch via online video. We plan to notify everyone as the videos are available on sermonaudio.com
4. VIRTUAL PRAYER MEETING: Plan to join us for a Zoom prayer meeting online this next Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. A link and reminder for this meeting will be sent by Wednesday, April 8.
5. PRAYER: Please do not hesitate to share prayer and praise updates with me, our deacons, and others in our church. Let’s continue to pray for our church, our state, our nation, and the world. Pray for several in our church family who are in greater contact with the public or work in healthcare. Pray for the Lord’s work in each of our lives—that we would remain sensitive to His purposes personally for us in this affliction and not resist His sovereignty. Tonight during our online meeting I drew our attention to Amos 4, where God repeatedly rebukes Israel for not returning to Him even as He had sent warnings to get their attention through various measures: famine, weather, blight, insects, and plagues. Their failure to respond demonstrated their pride and hardness of heart. “Prepare to meet God!” Amos says. What God is looking for when He does something in His world is that people respond by seeking Him. He is the Ruler and does things for a reason. Right now the world’s attention is on something that God is doing. Will the world look to second causes, or will it look to Him as the ultimate Cause and seek Him? What will you and I do? Will we seek Him and be sensitive and tenderhearted, or will we be hardhearted too? Return to the Lord. He is God. Does He have your attention? “For behold, He who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is His thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth—the LORD, the God of hosts, is His name!” May we humble ourselves before the Lord and by faith seek Him with our whole hearts.
In Jesus Christ,
Joel Huffstutler, Ph.D.
Falls Berean Bible Church
1736 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221