Dear FBBC family,
As most of you know, at this time of year it is usually our practice to meet together for special services—a Passion Service on the evening of Good Friday, a sunrise service early on Resurrection Sunday morning, and an Easter morning worship service. We are missing the opportunity to gather for each of these events in our church building, but I want to encourage you to rejoice in the same truths that we would normally celebrate in person together. “He is risen!” we say on Easter mornings. And we answer one another in affirmation, “He is risen indeed!” These words are a true and good reminder to ourselves and to our family and friends as we have opportunity to declare that Christ is our risen Savior!
This email includes several announcements. Additional information and sermons will be shared in an email on Saturday.
1. CANCELLATION OF EVENTS: Falls Berean Bible Church has decided to cancel several church events for this Sunday, April 12, through Saturday, April 18. This cancellation includes the following:
Sunday, April 12 – All Lord’s Day Services
Wednesday, April 15 – Kids4Truth & Prayer Meeting
Saturday, April 18 – Men’s Prayer Meeting
2. VIRTUAL LADIES BIBLE FELLOWSHIP: Ladies, we would like to try using Zoom for our ladies Bible fellowship next Saturday, April 18, at 9:00 a.m. More details will be coming about joining this online meeting.
3. LAWNCARE VOLUNTEERS: We are in need of volunteers. If you are able and willing to help with mowing the church lawn this year, please contact Chad McCormick (email@example.com or 234-738-9706).
4. SERMON FOR GOOD FRIDAY: To focus our thoughts on remembering Christ’s death, I have prepared a sermon from Matthew 27, titled “Our Suffering Savior.” It will be available for download later on Friday—please watch for an email/link!
5. VIRTUAL PRAYER MEETING: It was good to have a number of our church family join us for an online time of prayer on this past Wednesday. If you are able, please plan to join us for a Zoom prayer meeting online this next Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. A link and reminder for this meeting will be sent by Wednesday, April 14.
6. POSTPONEMENT OF ANNUAL MEETING: Our church’s annual family meeting had been scheduled for Sunday, April 26, and notice of that meeting (via publication and distribution of an agenda) would have taken place this coming Sunday, April 12. Our constitution includes a statement regarding adjustments to the annual meeting for our church calendar: “ARTICLE VII. Section 1. When necessary, adjustment of schedule for the annual meeting may be made at the recommendation of the Board.” In our current situation, we are in need of the Lord’s wisdom to know when we will be able to meet, and that depends upon information that we do not have at this point. I will be meeting with the deacons in the next couple of weeks, Lord willing, and we will make a recommendation when we can see the way clear ahead. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
7. PRAYER: Thank you for sharing prayer needs and updates with our church. Let’s continue to pray for one another, as well as for our nation in these unique times. As I shared on Wednesday evening, the book of 1 John offers us many truths and promises of God which can stabilize us in this period of uncertainty:
- Fellowship with God and one another
- Cleansing from sin
- The advocacy of Jesus Christ
- Our position as children of God
- The love of God
- Eternal life through Christ
- God answers prayer!
May we continue to rest and trust in the sovereign goodness of the Lord.
In Jesus Christ,